The high winds that sometimes accompany rainstorms bring additional hazards. Know how to respond when the winds pick up.
- If possible, stay indoors during high winds.
- If you must go outdoors, stay away from sagging trees and power lines.
- If you must drive, watch for downed trees, limbs, power lines, and other roadway hazards. Choose another route, if necessary. Do not drive over downed power lines.
- Dress warmly, keeping in mind that temperatures can feel colder due to the wind chill factor.
- Secure or bring inside outdoor furniture or other loose objects.
- Bring pets inside or shelter them elsewhere safely out of the wind.
- Be prepared for a power outage.
- Report downed power lines to your local power supply company
- Report downed trees in Sacramento County unincorporated area roadways by calling 311 or 916-875-4311 or online at www.311.saccounty.net.